A producer's blog about music, recording, mixing, songwriting and gear! (I don't know everything, but what I know I'll gladly share!)

Friday, February 19, 2010

CLASP - merging the new and old



I really believe that this technology is something special. I would LOVE to have one of these. In my own recording, I want to strive to make GREAT sounding records sonically as well as creatively.

One of the cool things about this box is the abilty to track different instruments at different tape speeds. Record guitars at 7.5ips and drums at 15ips... very cool. This has never been allowed before.

If you're wondering what CLASP is, it's a processor that allows you to record THROUGH tape directly into Pro Tools with NO LATENCY. You get the color of tape with the convenience of Pro Tools. Pretty nifty.

I'm sold. Now I gotta find a tape machine and some more money :)

CLASP WEBSITE

1 comment:

  1. Alright bro, CLASP is sweet....BUT no sweeter than seeing Tommy Simms and Dan Needham lay down a Carpark North tune for MWS. Very cool KS! Thanks for sharing. Maybe we should share with Jeff too! A must have.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Tell me... tell the world!

About Me

My photo
I'm a producer, mixer, songwriter. I recently moved from Orange County, CA to Nashville,TN I love making music. It is my means for creative expression. I've been married to my wonderful wife Erin for 7 1/2 years and I have a dog named Dexter.