A producer's blog about music, recording, mixing, songwriting and gear! (I don't know everything, but what I know I'll gladly share!)

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Track labels

Color coding your tracks can help you find things quickly. Here's my colors of choice and the order they go in.....


DRUMS - RED
PERCUSSION/DRUM PROGRAMMING - PURPLE
BASS/SYNTH BASS - ORANGE
GUITARS - LIGHT GREEN
KEYS/SYNTH PROGRAMMING - LIGHT BLUE
VOCALS - YELLOW
MASTER BUS - DEFAULT COLOR (DARK RED)
FX BUSSES - DEFAULT COLOR (DARK GREEN)


(BELOW: Screen shots from John Stearns' song "Believe")

2 comments:

  1. This just makes my OCD feel better..
    You're the man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it!!! If you've got any questions feel free to post them here, I'd love to do a post specifically related to the things you (or anyone else) want to learn.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Tell me... tell the world!

About Me

My photo
I'm a producer, mixer, songwriter. I recently moved from Orange County, CA to Nashville,TN I love making music. It is my means for creative expression. I've been married to my wonderful wife Erin for 7 1/2 years and I have a dog named Dexter.